Jeremiah Reynolds is a Partner in the Firm’s Litigation Department.
Mr. Reynolds’ practice focuses on Entertainment and IP Litigation, as well as Complex Business Litigation. He was recently named by U.S. News and World as one of the “The Best Lawyers in America” in the category of Entertainment and Media Litigation.
High-profile clients regularly turn to Mr. Reynolds for his substantial trial, arbitration and appellate experience. Throughout his career, he has represented numerous prominent clients, including Justin Bieber, Michael Keaton, Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne, Nate Diaz, Kathryn Bigelow, Mark Boal, Robert Duvall, Kate Hudson, Reggie Bush, the Kardashian Family, Tom Hanks, Rita Wilson, Paul Anka, Danny DeVito, and Paris Hilton.
Mr. Reynolds has also represented various independent entertainment and media companies in lawsuits involving distribution rights, merchandising and licensing rights, profit participation and other accounting issues, contractual disputes, and intellectual property disputes. He is known as a trusted source for national media outlets and is frequently quoted as an authority on intellectual property and entertainment disputes.
Mr. Reynolds has represented a wide variety of clients in some of the most important and closely watched media and entertainment lawsuits in the U.S. Some of his most recent representative matters include:
- Represented boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr.’s team in negotiations with Manny Pacquiao in connection with the richest prizefight in history.*
- Represented screenwriter, Mark Boal, and director, Kathryn Bigelow, in a lawsuit brought by Master Sgt. Jeffrey Sarver, an Iraq war veteran, who alleged his rights of publicity were violated and he was defamed by the movie “The Hurt Locker.” The suit was dismissed, with Sarver ordered to pay the attorney fees of all involved. Mr. Reynolds argued on behalf of Mr. Boal and Ms. Bigelow before the Ninth Circuit. The decision was affirmed on appeal.*
- Currently represents MMA fighter Nate Diaz in a lawsuit brought by an alleged former manager.
- Represented baseball player Ryan Braun in a lawsuit brought by a former friend of Braun’s who claimed that Braun had defamed him. The lawsuit was dismissed in August 2014.*
- Represented Justin Bieber in a wide variety of legal matters. Obtained the dismissal of several cases brought against Mr. Bieber.*
- Represented filmmaker Oren Peli, creator of “Paranormal Activity,” in various legal proceedings.*
- Represented Sharon Osbourne, Kelly Osbourne and Ozzy Osbourne in several legal disputes.*
- Represented Michael Keaton in a lawsuit brought by a producer of Keaton’s directorial debut, “The Merry Gentleman,” alleging that Keaton had breached his directing agreement. The case was dismissed on summary judgment in December 2014 and was affirmed on appeal.*
- Currently represents Voltage Pictures in a variety of legal proceedings.
- Currently represents film distributor Johnny Lin and his company, Filmula Entertainment in several legal proceedings.
- Represented boxers Julio Cesar Chavez, Jr. and heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder in legal proceedings.*
- Represented Jennifer Lopez in a lawsuit brought by a former employee of her production company. The case was voluntarily dismissed.*
- Represented singer Paul Anka in various legal proceedings.*
- Represented Kate Hudson in a lawsuit brought by a hair product manufacturer that claimed that a company that Hudson endorsed had stolen its trade secrets. The case was voluntarily dismissed.*
- Represented Tae Bo Founder Billy Blanks in a lawsuit involving Mr. Blanks’s former martial arts studio.*
* Proceedings handled prior to joining Eisner Jaffe
- Media & Entertainment
- Intellectual Property
- UCLA, B.A., 1997, Cum Laude
- University of Southern California, J.D, 2002
- Advisory Board of Directors, Covenant House California
Honors & Awards
- U.S. News & World Report, The Best Lawyers in America, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, 2016-2017
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2006-2008, 2013-2015
- Selected for inclusion in Law360’s Rising Stars of 2015, Media & Entertainment category