Rick is Chair of the Firm’s Entertainment, Media & the Arts Department and has practiced entertainment and media law for over 35 years. He has represented major studios and independent production companies, distribution and telecommunication companies, television networks and other exhibition entities, pay television services, Internet and other new media companies, individual creative and performing artists, and industry executives.
Selected representative matters include:
- Financing, production and distribution of theatrical motion pictures, television and new media programming.
- Transactions involving the sale, acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property assets, including the purchase and sale of content libraries.
- Formation of television and theatrical motion picture production and distribution ventures.
- Ventures for establishment of channels for the delivery of satellite delivered programming in various countries.
- Representation of brands, properties and celebrity clients in connection with their licensing, merchandising, and commercial spokesperson activities.
- Live stage productions.
- Entertainment, Media & The Arts
- Loyola Law School, J.D., Cum Laude
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Century City Bar Association (Former President and current member of the Board of Governors)
- American Bar Association
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Hollywood Radio and Television Society
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America ©, Entertainment Law - Motion Pictures and Television, 2016-2020
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, 2004 - 2005, 2016 - 2018
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell