Alex’s practice focuses on high stakes commercial litigation in state and federal court and arbitration, including disputes in the arenas of securities, antitrust, LLC and partnership disputes, real estate, breach of contract, torts, and financial restructuring.
Selected representative matters include:
- Currently representing the largest retailer of recreational telescopes in the world in parallel antitrust class actions in the Northern District of California.
- Represented insurance company in class and individual actions arising out of “cost of insurance” increases on universal life insurance policies.*
- Served as lead counsel and obtained favorable settlement in litigation brought on behalf of four organizations challenging a government policy on the basis of discrimination.*
- Represented international research institution against numerous breach of contract and tort claims.*
- Obtained favorable settlement on behalf of official creditors’ committee in adversary proceeding arising from a Chapter 11 bankruptcy case for a hospital organization.*
- Obtained favorable settlement representing executive at lending company against securities fraud claims brought by the SEC.*
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm.
- University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California