Dan’s practice focuses on transactional entertainment, media and intellectual property matters and includes the representation of creative individuals as well as major and independent companies in connection with all aspects of the development, production, distribution, promotion and exploitation of intellectual property and other artistic ventures.
Dan practiced law at four other leading entertainment law firms where he counseled a vast array of clients ranging from global, publicly-traded, media companies to superstar and developing artists, producers, managers, writers and other individuals and entities in the entertainment industry. He is known for working closely with clients and has extensive experience negotiating and drafting a variety of entertainment industry agreements whether with or on behalf of producers, managers, artists, performers, video directors, songwriters, record companies, publishers, performing rights organizations, live concert promoters, merchandisers, advertising agencies, brands, digital media entities and many others.
Primary Practice Areas
- Entertainment, Media & The Arts
- University of California College of the Law, San Francisco, J.D.
- The George Washington University, B.A.
- New York
Honors & Awards
- Selected, Chambers & Partners USA Guide, Top Media & Entertainment Lawyer, 2023
- Named to Variety Magazine Legal Impact Report, 2023
- Named to The National Law Journal’s list of Sports & Entertainment Trailblazers, 2020
- Named to Billboard’s Top Music Lawyers report, 2020-2023
- Selected for inclusion in New York Metro Super Lawyers, 2018 - 2023
- Selected for inclusion in New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014 - 2015
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, Mondo.NYC Music & Tech Law Symposium:”Pivoting from Live to Virtual: Navigating the Legal Challenges,” 2020
- Panelist, American Bar Association (ABA) Miami Entertainment Law Symposium: “Hot Topics in Transactional Music Practice,” 2018
- Moderator , CMJ Legal Panel, “The Descent of the Major Labels and the Ascent of the Self Distributed Artist,” 2014
- Panelist, ASCAP NY presents, “The Blueprint: Music Publishing 101,” 2013
- Guest Lecturer, Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn Entertainment and Sports Law Society, 2013
- Guest Lecturer, NYU Steinhardt School, Concert Management course, 2010
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- General Counsel, Music’s Promise, Inc., the music industry’s social responsibility program
- Director of East Coast Operations, Project FAVA (Fibro-Adipose Vascular Anomaly)