Wesley’s practice focuses on both U.S. and international corporate and financial transactions, including financing arrangements, intellectual property and licensing transactions, mergers and acquisitions, corporate formation and venture financing, private equity, bankruptcy, and joint ventures. His clients span varied industries including entertainment, real estate, energy, internet, and digital media.
Selected representative matters include:
- Aided in the creation and operation of a new nationwide professional basketball league.
- Drafting and negotiation of a wide range of agreements, including credit agreements, security agreements, acquisition agreements, joint venture agreements and publishing agreements.
- Directly advising clients on legal, business and structuring matters relating to financings and acquisitions.
- Represented major investment bank in connection with a $1.22 billion bank loan for the acquisition of an international music publishing company, and the negotiation of the related music administration agreement.
- Advised music publishing company during $300 million acquisition of its music publishing catalog.
- Represented film financing and distribution company in connection with its $1.75 billion film financing facility, including negotiation of the related output distribution agreements and qualified cost sharing agreements.
- Worked with large foreign video game company to form a joint venture with a prominent U.S. game designer.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, J.D., 2009
- University of Southern California, B.M., 2005
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2017 – 2018
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Beverly Hills Bar Association