Aurele’s clients range from individuals to international corporations, operating in industries including fine art, fashion, apparel and retail, film, television and cable, music, technology, finance, and real estate. Aurele also has ample experience handling complex litigation matters.
Selected representative matters include:
- Representing fine art collectors, artists, galleries, advisors, museums, institutions, foundations and dealers in various transactions, including negotiating acquisitions, sales, consignments, auctions, loans, licenses and entity formation.
- Advising clients on management of fine art collection, including inventory insurance, appraisal, donations, provenance, authenticity and lending.
- Negotiating financing, production and distribution of theatrical motion pictures, television and new media programming.
- Representing brands, properties and celebrity clients in connection with their licensing, merchandising and commercial spokesperson activities.
- Counseling on SAG-AFTRA, DGA and WGA union regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Entertainment, Media & The Arts
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., Pepperdine Law Review
- Columbia University, B.A. in Art History, Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014 - 2017
- Named to the Southern California Top Women Attorneys Rising Stars list, 2014 - 2017
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Artadia: The Fund for Art & Dialogue (Co-Chair, Board Of Directors)
- The Hammer Museum (K.A.M.P Committee Member; Executive Committee, Collective Member)
- The Arts Council, Century City Chamber of Commerce (Member)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Lecturer, “Warhol vs. Goldsmith,” Department of Art Seminar, May 15 2023, UC Riverside
- Lecturer, “Artists’ Issues,” Art and the Law Seminar, March 31, 2020, February 2, 2021, March 18, 2022, Loyola Law School
- Panelist, “Legal Issues with NFTs,” June 24, 2021, Eisner, LLP
- Panelist, “Destruction of Artwork & The Visual Artists Rights Act,” September 24, 2018, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Author, “Raised Eyebrows” Over Satellite Radio: Has Pacifica Met its Match?, 2007 34Pepperdine Law Review 743
- Author, “The Moral Rights Act of 2007: Finding the Melody in the Music,” 2008 1Pepperdine Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law 181