Aurele’s clients range from individuals to international corporations, operating in industries including fine art, fashion, apparel and retail, film, television and cable, music, technology, finance, and real estate. Aurele also has ample experience handling complex litigation matters.
Selected representative matters include:
- Representing fine art collectors, artists, galleries, advisors, museums, institutions, foundations and dealers in various transactions, including negotiating acquisitions, sales, consignments, auctions, loans, licenses and entity formation.
- Advising clients on management of fine art collection, including inventory insurance, appraisal, donations, provenance, authenticity and lending.
- Negotiating financing, production and distribution of theatrical motion pictures, television and new media programming.
- Representing brands, properties and celebrity clients in connection with their licensing, merchandising and commercial spokesperson activities.
- Counseling on SAG-AFTRA, DGA and WGA union regulations.
Areas of Expertise
- Entertainment, Media & The Arts
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., Pepperdine Law Review
- Columbia University, B.A. in Art History, Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2014 - 2017
- Named to the Southern California Top Women Attorneys Rising Stars list, 2014 - 2017
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- Artadia: The Fund for Art & Dialogue (Vice President; Board Of Directors)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art (Avant-Garde Member; Avant-Garde Co-Chair, 2014-2016)
- The Hammer Museum (K.A.M.P Committee Member, Executive Committee Member for Hammer Collective)
- The Arts Council, Century City Chamber of Commerce (Member)
- Tel Aviv Museum of Art (American Friends Member)
- Anti-Defamation League (Glass Leadership Institute Fellow, 2012)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Lecturer, “The Artist,” Art and the Law Seminar, February 2, 2021, Loyola Law School
- Lecturer, “The Artist,” Art and the Law Seminar, March 31, 2020, Loyola Law School
- Panelist, “Destruction of Artwork & The Visual Artists Rights Act”, September 24, 2018, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Author, “Raised Eyebrows” Over Satellite Radio: Has Pacifica Met its Match?, 2007 34 Pepperdine Law Review 743
- Author, “The Moral Rights Act of 2007: Finding the Melody in the Music”, 2008 1 Pepperdine Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law 181