Aurele’s clients range from individuals to international corporations, operating in industries including fine art, fashion, apparel and retail, film, television and cable, music, technology, finance, and real estate. Aurele also has ample experience handling complex litigation matters.
Selected representative matters include:
- Representing fine art collectors, artists, galleries, advisors, and dealers in various transactions, including negotiating acquisitions, sales, consignments, auctions, loans, licenses and entity formation.
- Advising clients on management of fine art collection, including inventory insurance, appraisal, donations, provenance, authenticity and lending.
- Negotiating license, writer, director, production, distribution and consulting agreements for entertainment and art-related clients.
- Counseling entertainment clients on SAG-AFTRA, DGA and WGA union regulations.
- Representing clients in state and federal governmental proceedings, including investigations and enforcement proceedings, involving the SEC, FINRA, FTC, FCC and various state licensing boards.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., Pepperdine Law Review
- Columbia University, B.A. in Art History, Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014 – 2017
- Named to the Southern California Top Women Attorneys Rising Stars list, 2014 – 2017
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Artadia: The Fund for Art & Dialogue (Board Of Directors)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art Avant-Garde (Member; Co-Chair, 2014-2016)
- Beverly Hills Bar Association (Barristers Committee for the Arts)
- Women’s Lawyers Association of Los Angeles (Member)
- Anti-Defamation League (Glass Leadership Institute Fellow, 2012)
- Alliance for Children’s Rights (Pro Bono Attorney)
- Bet Tzedek (Pro Bono Attorney)
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, “Destruction of Artwork & The Visual Artists Rights Act”, September 24, 2018, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Author, “Raised Eyebrows” Over Satellite Radio: Has Pacifica Met its Match?, 2007 34 Pepperdine Law Review 743
- Author, The Moral Rights Act of 2007: Finding the Melody in the Music, 2008 1 Pepperdine Journal of Business, Entrepreneurship, and the Law 181