Jordan is recognized as one of the country’s leading brand integration experts and an authority in sourcing, negotiating, and managing brand licensing and merchandising deals for feature films, television, and new media, as well as music and video games.
Jordan brings significant experience as both an entertainment lawyer and as a feature film and television producer in negotiating and drafting six and seven-figure integration, sponsorship, and activation agreements. He then executes on the business and creative elements of those agreements throughout production and domestic/international distribution.
When describing Jordan’s work to The Hollywood Reporter, Eric Baum, Sony Pictures Senior VP of Business and Legal Affairs for Consumer and Worldwide Marketing, states “Jordan has earned the trust of those not just in Hollywood, but all the way out in places like Peoria and Georgia. They rely on his expertise and hard work to keep the integrity of their brands.”
Jordan’s mission is to make “integrations” live up to both brands’ and producers’ expectations in today’s rapidly changing commercial environment. Jordan’s pioneering work on the integration of brands into entertainment has also been featured in a front page article in The New York Times.
Selected representative matters include:
- Working with feature film and television production companies and producers on integration, activation, and sponsorship deals.
- Working with celebrity actors, musicians, and athletes on integration, activation, and sponsorship deals.
- Working with brands in virtually every consumer product/service category, as well as major film studios, broadcast, cable, OTT, and digital networks, and advertising, media, and PR firms.
- Served as General Counsel/Head of Business and Legal Affairs for Mark Burnett Productions, during which he oversaw business, legal and production involvement in numerous network television series including Survivor and Rock Star: INXS with CBS; The Apprentice and The Apprentice: Martha Stewart with NBC; and The Contender with NBC and DreamWorks.
- Working on over 50 feature film and television projects in producer or brand integration producer capacities.
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., Editor American Journal of Law & Medicine
- UCLA School of Theater, Film, and Television, significant coursework
- Massachusetts General Hospital/Harvard Medical School, Research Associate in forensic psychology and psychoneuroimmunology
- University of Oregon, Clark Honors College, B.A. with Honors
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- Jordan lectures widely on integrated marketing issues, including at the UCLA Film School, UCLA School of Communications, UCLA School of Law, UCLA School of Law Entertainment Symposium, USC Graduate School of Business, Loyola Law School, Southwestern Law School, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences, American Film Market (“AFM”), The Paley Center of Media, The Producers Guild of America, California and Beverly Hills Bar Associations, Digital Hollywood, and numerous American Conference Institute forums.
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member and Past Chairman, Law Firm Board, Association of Media & Entertainment Counsel
- Member, Academy of Television Arts & Sciences (production executive’s division)
- Member, Hollywood Radio and Television Society
- Jordan performs extensive volunteer and pro bono work for aspiring television, feature film and music talent, as well as for charities including the American Cinematheque, Sea Shepherd, Elephant Action League, and the Lollipop Foundation, of which he is a past member of the Advisory Board.
- Jordan presented Hanesbrands’ Champion Sportswear with the Media and Entertainment Counsel’s Annual “Excellence in Branded Entertainment Award” for the work he and Champion’s CMO performed together on a Universal feature film.
Honors and Awards
- Named one of six Outstanding Alumnus at the Fiftieth Anniversary – University of Oregon Honors College, 2011
- Named to Variety‘s “Annual Dealmakers Impact Report” List
- Named to The Hollywood Reporter’s annual “Power Lawyers” List
- Named among the Los Angeles Business Journal’s “Top 40 Entertainment Lawyers”
- Named to The National Law Journal’s inaugural list of Sports & Entertainment Trailblazers, 2019