Marty’s practice focuses on land use, environmental, and real estate transactions, with an emphasis on the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), land development, zoning and entitlement, and remediation of impacted sites. In 30 years of practice, Marty has represented both private and public agency clients in some of the region’s most significant land use projects.
Selected representative matters include:
- Supervised preparation of Environmental Impact Report for Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- Negotiated purchase of Citadel Shopping Center to City of Commerce.
- Negotiated purchase off retail shopping center by City of Commerce for Citadel Shopping Center.
- Orchestrated settlement worth over $100 million for construction of new schools at the Tustin Marine Corps Air Center for Santa Ana Unified School District.
- Special counsel to City of Pasadena for reuse negotiations of Ambassador College.
- As Manager of Real Estate for Unocal, supervised sale and transfer of $700 million in real estate assets to Tosco Oil Company.
- Yale Law School, J.D.
- University of California, Los Angeles, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honors and Awards
- “Who’s Who in Environmental Law”, Los Angeles Business Journal
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- “Cash Flow Tips“, Commercial Investment Real Estate Magazine, August 2011
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- The State Bar of California
- Los Angeles County Bar – Real Property Section
- California Real Estate Broker