Rebecca Avrutin Foley has represented an array of corporate, business, and finance clients in trials before New York State and federal courts, as well as before arbitral panels. She focuses her practice on complex contract disputes and business torts, and has significant experience in assisting clients through each stage of the litigation process, from initiating the action or arbitration to navigating through e-discovery and trial.
Selected representative matters include:
- Secured a substantial victory following a jury trial on behalf of a former member of a private equity firm.*
- Successfully defended a foreign exchange dealer from claims alleged by former customers.*
- Represented doctor/inventor seeking royalty payments from a medical device company.*
- Successfully represented a global commercial finance firm in an action involving a “factoring agreement.”*
- Obtained an order for a California municipality compelling a government agency to comply with the CEQA process.*
- Prevailed in a federal bench trial on behalf of a perfume distributor against allegations of trademark infringement.
- Has represented numerous clients in connection with the negotiation of separation and/or buyout agreements.*
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm.
Areas of Expertise
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- Colby College, B.A., Magna Cum Laude
- New York
- United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of New York
Honors & Awards
- Selected for inclusion in New York Metro Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2014 – 2019
- Named to the New York Metro Top Women Attorneys Rising Stars list, 2014 – 2019
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- New York State Bar Association
- New York Women’s Bar Association