Katie's practice focuses on representing clients in disputes in federal district and bankruptcy court, arbitration, and state court. Her primary focuses include disputes concerning complex commercial litigation, real estate, entertainment, breach of contract, business torts, and securities issues.
Selected representative matters include:
- Currently representing a variety of foreign and domestic clients, including real estate venture, comic convention, and entrepreneurial investment entities.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice on demurrer of claims against comic convention client.
- Reached favorable settlement before verdict and after close of evidence on behalf of a home security company in bench trial concerning trade secret and licensing dispute.*
- Served as lead counsel and obtained restraining orders for three different clients in three different hearings.*
- Obtained favorable settlement on the eve of trial on behalf of mutual fund complex investment manager against shareholders alleging violations of the Investment Company Act.*
- Obtained substantial settlement on behalf of official creditors’ committee in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case for regional power company.*
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm.
Primary Practice Areas
- Honorable Jerome Holmes, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- The University of California, Irvine School of Law, J.D., Magna Cum Laude
- Lead Editor, UC Irvine Law Review
- UCI Law Moot Court
- Wake Forest University Graduate School of Business, M.A. in Management
- Davidson College, B.A. in History
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California