Courtney A. Dillaplain is an Associate in the Firm’s Entertainment, Media & The Arts Department.
For over 20 years, Courtney has represented artists, songwriters, music libraries, and publishing companies in the areas of entertainment, licensing and intellectual property, and new media. She has extensive experience handling complex contract and licensing negotiations for clients in the music and digital media industries.
Selected representative matters include:
- Regularly handles a wide variety of agreements for entertainment clients, including:
- Appearance, performance, and presenter agreements for high profile bands and recording artists.
- Songwriter, collaboration, and music publishing agreements.
- Producer, mixer, side artist, and guest artist agreements.
- Music library agreements.
- Promotional and Endorsement agreements.
- Represents individual artists, estates, and institutional clients in all forms of music licensing, including master use licenses, sampling licenses, synchronization licenses, new media licenses, etc.
- Advises clients on intellectual property issues, including:
- Complex copyright issues such as termination rights, digital distribution, infringement, and the analysis of new developments in the copyright laws and impact on services and offerings.
- Intellectual property licenses and transfers.
- Rights of publicity and trademark.
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- The State Bar of California
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- Member, Loyola Law Review
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA, B.A.