Cathleen’s practice focuses on corporate and transactional matters, with an emphasis in intellectual property, entertainment, fashion, apparel and retail, e-commerce and technology. Her practice includes providing corporate counseling, as well as drafting and negotiating agreements in a variety of corporate transactions and general corporate matters. Cathleen also has experience in antitrust and regulatory compliance, mediation and ADR, as well as employment matters.
Selected representative matters include:
- Representing a globally recognized brand licensing business in various transactions, including license agreements, employment matters, equity incentive plans and corporate governance.
- Representing apparel brands and fashion moguls in various transactions, including corporate finance and investments, licenses, brand collaborations, vendor agreements, affiliate marketing, entity formation and start-up financing, and corporate structuring.
- Representing a Hollywood production company, entertainment executive, and international production company, in various transactions, including film finance and investments, acquisitions, development, consulting agreements, strategic partnerships and entity formation.
- Directly advising clients on high-level strategy and business issues, as well as matters related to internet, privacy, compliance, PR and corporate governance matters.
- Drafting and negotiating licenses for software and other intellectual property, as well as production, acquisition, and consulting agreements for entertainment, fashion and digital media related clients.
- Served as Corporate Counsel of Onestop Internet Inc. (now Branded Online). In that capacity, she provided the company with general corporate guidance while also negotiating and drafting various multi-million dollar commercial contracts with globally recognized brands, including technology transactions, licensing agreements, marketing agreements, independent contractor agreements, and term sheets. Additionally, Cathleen provided the company with litigation and risk management counseling, including managing outside counsel, reviewing corporate insurance policies, providing employment law counseling, attending mediations, and negotiating settlement agreements.*
- Served as Corporate Counsel to GDC Digital Cinema Network USA LLC, where she focused mainly on the expansion of theatrical digital projection in the U.S. and Latin America. Additionally, she performed due diligence to facilitate a large securities transaction with a Fortune 500 company.*
- Successfully pursued and maximized claims in large antitrust settlements on behalf of a broad range of national and international clients, with specific emphasis in financial and technology related pricing cartels.*
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- University of Arizona, B.A., Cum Laude
Honors and Awards
- Entering Academic Scholarship, Loyola Law School
- Wildcat Excellence Award, The University of Arizona
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association