Christopher Frost is Head of Litigation for the Firm’s Los Angeles office.
Chris has a broad-based litigation practice, in which he represents clients in complex commercial, business, real estate, environmental and employment disputes in state and federal courts and arbitration. Representative clients include real estate developers, contractors, and investors; private equity funds; internet companies; music industry professionals; authors; movie studios and producers; service industry providers; charitable and non-profit organizations; medical and dental professionals; entrepreneurs; mortgage lending and servicing companies; and private investors. Chris also serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law at Pepperdine University, where he teaches Honors Trial Practice.
Selected representative matters include:
- Obtained a seven-figure arbitration award against a major animation studio for wrongfully converting the client’s television series rights to an iconic cartoon character.
- Obtained a summary dismissal of all claims against his clients and a fee award in excess of $300,000 in a $10MM lawsuit involving a housing development in West Hollywood.
- Negotiated a substantial confidential settlement on behalf of a downtown Los Angeles real estate developer in a case involving lis pendens issues.
- Obtained dismissal with prejudice at the pleading stage of all claims brought against his client, a private equity fund.
- Obtained a “walk away” settlement and sanctions award against the opposing party on behalf of his client, a prominent money manager, in a multimillion dollar fraud action.
- Litigated and arbitrated cases alleging fraud; commercial contract disputes; breach of fiduciary duty; interference; entertainment and royalty accounting disputes; conversion; breach of partnership obligations; bankruptcy abuse and fraud; and employment discrimination and harassment.
- Served as Special Litigation Counsel in numerous bankruptcy proceedings, has appeared and argued before the California Court of Appeal, and has briefed appeals to the Ninth Circuit United States Court of Appeals.
- In addition to his domestic practice, Chris has served as a consulting expert on American law issues in a multimillion dollar overseas litigation.
- Business Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Financial Services Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Pepperdine University, School of Law, J.D., Summa Cum Laude
- Associate Editor and Member, Pepperdine Law Review
- University of Oklahoma, B.A., with Distinction
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- The State Bar of California