Jason A. VanMeetren is Senior Counsel in the firm’s Real Estate Department. His practice focuses on real estate, real estate development and corporate matters of all levels of sophistication and complexity throughout the U.S.
Jason’s practice includes representation of clients in a broad range of commercial land and multifamily real estate transactions including, due diligence and title review, acquisition, development and associated corporate matters, the negotiation and disposition of real property, 1031 exchanges, leasing, ground leasing, and the preparation and negotiation of various financing products (with an emphasis on Fannie, Freddie, and construction lending). Jason works with institutional and private party lenders, developers, REITs, pension funds, landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, borrowers and their respective affiliates throughout the U.S. Jason has also advised institutional investors and property owners in structuring joint venture arrangements of varying complexities in multiple states. Jason played varsity baseball at Stanford University and is a former professional baseball player in the Seattle Mariners’ and the New York Yankees’ farm systems.
Selected representative matters include:
- Formation, representation, and dissolution/winding up of various limited liability companies, series LLCs, general and limited partnerships and joint ventures.
- Drafting of commercial purchase and sale documents and commercial tenant and ground lease agreements.
- Customizing employment and severance agreements, non-disclosure and non- compete agreements, bylaws, privacy policies and terms and conditions for start-up venture and various closely held companies.
- Perform due diligence for sale of closely held limited liability company in excess of 80MM.
- Real Estate & Real Property
- Real Estate Finance
- Business Structuring and Organizations
- William S. Boyd School of Law at UNLV, Las Vegas, NV, J.D., Nevada Law Journal
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA, B.A., Political Science, Economics
- The State Bar of California
- State Bar of Nevada
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2018-2019