Ashlee N. Lin is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department.
Ashlee’s practice focuses on complex commercial and intellectual property litigation, client counseling, and other intellectual property matters. She has litigated cases in both state and federal courts, and has jury trial and arbitration experience. Ashlee has also advised clients regarding various intellectual property issues involving patents, copyrights, and trademarks.
Selected representative matters include:
- Represented prominent hedge fund in connection with acquisition of distressed assets in bankruptcy proceedings.*
- Defended top real-estate investment trust in nationwide class action regarding regulatory compliance and securities fraud.*
- Second-chaired bench trial in defense of technology company in trade secret and licensing dispute in the Delaware Chancery Court.*
- Obtained summary judgment in favor of various top technology companies in a variety of patent disputes.*
- Secured summary judgment on behalf of Fortune 50 consumer electronics company in intellectual property dispute and obtained affirmance on appeal to the Federal Circuit (named one of the “Top 20 Defense Results of 2014” by the Daily Journal).*
- Defended Fortune 50 consumer electronics company in intellectual property dispute in the Central District of California, resulting in a jury verdict in favor of her client (named one of the “Top Defense Verdicts of 2013” by the Daily Journal).*
- Successfully petitioned the Copyright Office for an exemption to Section 1201 (regarding anticircumvention of Digital Rights Management (DRM) technology) of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act for her clients.*
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm.
- Intellectual Property
- Litigation & Arbitration
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2006
- University of Kansas, B.A., Political Science, with highest distinction, 2003
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit