Amber Henry is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department.
Amber’s practice focuses on general and intellectual property litigation for clients in the motion picture, television, publishing, broadcasting, financial services, and sales and advertising fields. She has successfully litigated breach of contract, trademark, copyright, First Amendment and idea submission matters in both state and federal courts as well as arbitration. Amber also regularly defends clients against FDCPA and TCPA claims and counsels clients in trademark and copyright licensing.
Selected representative matters include:
- Represents Playboy regarding licensing matters in various product fields.
- Represents a production studio against claims of fraud, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty in relation to the development and production of a motion picture.
- Represents a popular, local chain of juice stores and cafes in relation to advertising, real estate, and partnership matters.
- First-chaired a month long conversion and fraud trial obtaining judgment in favor of client on a motion for non-suit. *
- Second-chaired a two-week bench trial concerning the financing and distribution of the videogame “Def Jam Rapstar.” *
- Defended the in-development spy-thriller project “Section 6” against claims that it infringed the copyrights in the character James Bond. *
- Second-chaired an IFTA arbitration obtaining $2.3 million award in favor of sales agent client. *
- Obtained a $2.7 million judgment in favor of an acting studio against a competitor in a trademark infringement matter. *
- Obtained multiple dismissals via Anti-SLAPP motions for clients including a motion picture studio, production company, and film producer.
- Obtained dismissal at pleadings stage for motion picture studio on copyright claim.
- Obtained summary judgment of trade secret and copyright claims on behalf of a manufacturer.*
- Obtained summary judgment of fraud claims on behalf of a client involved in multiple real estate projects.
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm.
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Commercial Litigation
- Media & Entertainment
- Sales & Advertising
- Appellate matters
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D.
- University of Kansas, B.A., with Highest Distinction
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016
- Named to the Southern California Top Women Attorneys Rising Stars list, 2016
- Phi Delta Phi
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association