Amber Henry is Senior Counsel in the Firm’s Litigation Department.
Amber’s practice focuses on general business and intellectual property litigation for clients in the motion picture, television, publishing, broadcasting and sales and advertising fields. She has successfully litigated breach of contract, patent, trademark, copyright and idea submission matters in both state and federal courts. Amber also regularly counsels clients regarding trademark and copyright licensing.
Selected representative matters include:
- Second-chaired a two-week bench trial concerning the financing and distribution of the videogame “Def Jam Rapstar.”
- Defended the in-development spy-thriller project “Section 6” against claims that it infringed the copyrights in the character James Bond.
- Second-chaired an IFTA arbitration obtaining $2.3 million award in favor of sales agent client.
- Obtained a $2.7 million judgment in favor of an acting studio against a competitor in a trademark infringement matter.
- Obtained dismissal at pleadings stage for motion picture studio on copyright claim.
- Obtained summary judgment of trade secret and copyright claims on behalf of a manufacturer.
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Media & Entertainment
- Sales & Advertising
- Pepperdine University School of Law, J.D., Cum Laude, 2006
- University of Kansas, B.A., Political Science, with highest distinction, 2003
- Northern District of California
- Eastern District of California
- Central District of California
- Southern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
Honors and Awards
- Phi Delta Phi
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016
- Beverly Hills Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- American Bar Association