Alvin G. Galstian is Of Counsel in the Firm’s Real Estate Department. His practice focuses primarily on representing clients in the purchase and sale of commercial properties, commercial lease transactions, and in the development of commercial real estate projects.
Alvin brings significant expertise in commercial leasing, purchase and sale, construction contracts, real estate development and general real estate transactions in multiple jurisdictions. He also has considerable experience in corporate law, including private placements, joint ventures, and general corporate matters.
Selected representative matters include:
- Advising a publicly traded company on a $150MM corporate transaction involving a significant real estate component
- Advising a private equity company in a multitude of purchase and sale transactions nationwide valued at more than $200 million
- Representing both landlords and tenants in numerous commercial lease transactions in Southern California
- Representing landowners and tenants in complex construction contracts
- Advising an upscale boutique hotel owner in the negotiation of a hotel management agreement, joint venture agreement and construction contracts
- Representing a private equity company in its acquisition of a privately-held haute couture clothing label, which was to be distributed to high-end women’s retailers
Alvin brings the wisdom and experience of a broad transactional practice that focuses on representing clients in the purchase and sale of commercial properties, commercial lease transactions, construction contracts, joint ventures, the development of commercial real estate projects and other general real estate matters.
As a former corporate attorney, Alvin applies his expertise in various areas of activity, including, private placement, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate matters to the most intricate real estate transactions, providing clients with a broader knowledge base than traditional real estate attorneys.
Alvin routinely handles large, complex and innovative real estate matters nationwide, including a recent $150 million corporate transaction for a publicly traded company with a significant real estate component. He has also represented one of the world’s largest publicly traded gaming companies in numerous high-profile resort-casino transactions in Southern Nevada, as well as in other general corporate matters.
- Real Estate
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- University of Southern California, B.A.
- The State Bar of California
- California Association of Realtors
- Protecting Against the Gray Market in the New Economy, 22 Loy. L.A. Int’l & Comp. L. Rev. 507 (2000)