Georgiana Nikias is an Associate in the Firm’s Litigation Department.
Georgiana’s practice focuses on entertainment, commercial, and products liability litigation. She also negotiates agreements and develops cultural property, heritage, and art law due diligence strategies for clients. Georgiana provides legal and business strategies for Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and individuals, including developing strategies to curb future litigation, identifying legal pitfalls in poorly executed or negotiated agreements, conducting due diligence from a litigation/liability standpoint, and negotiating settlements and other agreements. A former insurance defense litigator, she combines clients’ practical business needs and concerns with litigation strategy.
Selected representative matters include:
- Developed copyright due diligence strategy for client’s audio-visual art installation, drafted and negotiated releases, negotiated and drafted contracts with vendors, museums, composers, graphics designers and cultural institutions.
- Successfully nonsuited trial for $165 billion company while acting as Second Chair, including daily comprehensive assessments of jury panel, witnesses, and attorneys, negotiations with insurance companies, oral arguments, direct and cross examinations and preparing opening and closing statements.
- Designed and executed insurance company’s comprehensive litigation strategy for series of lawsuits involving $25 billion beverage company, including ongoing comparative analyses, comprehensive tracking log of all documents, witness and expert testimony, and negotiating disagreements between the beverage company and its insurance company.
- Managed insurance company’s litigation strategy for $10 billion entertainment company that included daily reporting, comparative analysis, jury assessment, and negotiating disagreements between entertainment company and insurance company.
- Acted as primary attorney in lawsuit involving disagreements with lease agreement and insurance provisions among client, other parties, and insurance company.
- Assessed contractual indemnification and insurance provisions in lawsuit arising out of major products liability case and successfully negotiated settlement agreement at client’s request before arbitration.
- Managed litigation strategy for lawsuit involving national transportation company and over 45 plaintiffs, including daily negotiations with other parties and plaintiffs, preparing for depositions, preparing and arguing motions in court, conducting cost/settlement analysis, comprehensive tracking log of all documents, conducting and coordinating inspections with other parties and expert witnesses.
- Assisted in litigation strategy for trial involving well-known Los Angeles tour bus company in major complex wrongful death matter.
- Art Law
- Copyright & Trademark
- Entertainment Litigation
- Products Liability
- Commercial Litigation
- University of Southern California, Gould School of Law, J.D., 2011
- University of Oxford, United Kingdom, MSt, 2008
- University of Southern California, B.A., with Honors, 2007
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
Honors and Awards
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2016—2018
- Named to Southern California Top Woman Attorneys Rising Stars list, Women’s Edition, Super Lawyers Magazine, 2016—2018
- Top Lawyer, Pasadena Magazine, via peer vote, 2015 – 2016
- Renaissance Scholar
- Academic Energy Award
- USC Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Research
Professional Affiliations and Civic Involvement
- Board Member, Gals Starting Over
- Volunteer Speaker at the University of Southern California Archaeology Department