Courtney A. Dillaplain is an Associate in the Firm’s Entertainment, Media & The Arts Department.
Courtney’s practice focuses on transactional work in the areas of entertainment, intellectual property and new media. She has extensive experience handling complex transactions and licensing for music and multi-media clients.
Selected representative matters include:
- Regularly handles a wide variety of agreements for entertainment clients, including:
- Appearance, performance, and presenter agreements for high profile bands and recording artists.
- Songwriter, collaboration, and music publishing agreements.
- Producer, mixer, side artist, and guest artist agreements.
- Music library agreements.
- Promotional and Endorsement agreements.
- Represents individual artists, estates, and institutional clients in all forms of music licensing, including master use licenses, sampling licenses, synchronization licenses, new media licenses, etc.
- Advises clients on intellectual property issues, including:
- Complex copyright issues such as termination rights, digital distribution, infringement, and the analysis of new developments in the copyright laws and impact on services and offerings.
- Intellectual property licenses and transfers.
- Rights of publicity and trademark.
- Entertainment, Media & The Arts
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- Member, Loyola Law Review
- University of California, Los Angeles, CA, B.A.