Benjamin Kassis is an Associate in the Firm’s Litigation Department.
Benjamin’s practice focuses on complex commercial matters in federal and state court, particularly disputes involving federal securities laws, contract breach claims, business torts, and litigation in connection with financial restructurings.
Selected representative matters include:
- Represented home security company against various business tort claims brought by competing company.*
- Obtained full dismissal of class action claims brought against mining company under numerous federal securities laws.*
- Represented insurance company in class and individual actions arising out of “cost of insurance” increases on universal life insurance policies.*
- Obtained favorable settlement representing one of three chief-level executives at national mortgage lender against numerous securities fraud claims brought by SEC.*
- Represented $3.5 billion hotel and resort debtor in Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing.*
- Represented mutual fund complex investment manager against claims brought by shareholders under Investment Company Act. Resulted in judgment in favor of manager following bench trial.*
* Matters handled prior to joining the Firm.
- Commercial Litigation
- Loyola Law School, J.D.
- Loyola Marymount University, B.A.