Ashley R. Brown is an Associate in the Firm’s Entertainment, Media & The Arts Department.
Ashley handles a wide variety of transactional matters for clients in the entertainment and fashion industries. She has worked for some of the most prestigious and influential media and talent companies in the world, including Viacom Media Networks, Wilhelmina Models, Fox News Channel, News Corporation and MC2 Model Management.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, J.D. in Intellectual Property
- President of the Cardozo Sports & Entertainment Law Students’ Association
- Editor, Cardozo Journal of Law and Gender
- University of Miami, B.S. in Communications
- New York
- Author of “Mirror Mirror on the Wall: Who Are You to Say Who is Fairest of Them All?,” published in the Virginia Sports & Entertainment Law Journal. This article explores the evolution of typecasting in reality television as a microcosm of life and the obstacles individuals face as a result of their appearance.
- Author of “Picture [I’m] Perfect: Photoshop Redefining Beauty in Cosmetic Advertisements, Giving False Advertising a Run for the Money,” published in the Texas Review of Entertainment and Sports Law. This article examines whether the use of Photoshop in cosmetic advertisements amounts to deception.